Welcome to the Laboratory of Wave Engineering !
Be it of electrical nature (microwaves, optics), or of mechanical nature (acoustics, elastics), wave propagation is at the core of many modern technological applications, such as telecommunications, energy transfer and management, information processing or medical imaging. In our laboratory, we focus on unveiling the mechanisms that govern wave propagation in complex artificial media, and apply our science to tackle challenging applicative problems, including:
– Transmitting waves through opaque media for imaging applications
– Forcing waves to propagate on one-way roads, even in the presence of obstacles, disorder or defects.
– Manipulating waves at scales smaller than their wavelength, for ultracompact devices, efficient sensing, or subwavelength imaging.
For more details, feel free to browse our Research and Publication pages.
- August 2nd, 2019: Our work on Non-Linear Second Order Topological Insulators has been published in Physical Review Letters and is featured on the cover of the jounal.
- July 23-26, 2019: Our group gave two invited talks at META 2019 in Lisbon, Portugal. One on our recent concept of topological Fano resonances, and the other on non-Hermitian acoustics.
- July 1-3, 2019: It was a pleasure to co-organize a nice workshop on Topology and Broken Symmetries with the Dutch Institute for Emergent Phenomena, in Utrecht, Holland. Thanks to all the speakers and attendees for the nice presentations and stimulating discussions.
- June 24, 2019: Welcome to Gizem Yüce, who joined our group for a summer internship sponsored by the prestigious EPFL E3 program.
- June 17-20, 2019: 3 Invited talks about topological waves at PIERS 2019, in Rome, Italy.
- June 1st, 2019: Welcome to Aivar Abrashuly and Ronrong Xiang, who joined our group for a research internship.
- May 29th, 2019: Farzad Zangeneh has been selected as a finalist for the student paper competition of the upcoming international congress Metamaterials 2019, next September in Rome. Congrats!
- May 28th, 2019: Two invited talks on subwavelength wave manipulation and imaging at EMTS2019 in San Diego, California.
- May 3rd, 2019: Our work on Topological Analog Signal Processing has been published in Nature Communications.
- April 30th, 2019: Invited seminar at TopoLyon in Lyon, France.